Holiday Skills Travel Clinic
Holiday Travel Skills Clinic with Christian de Lanaauze
Monday 12/22, Tuesday, 12/23 & Friday 12/26
Winnetka Ice Arena
- 20 years as Skills and skating instructor
- Winnetka Skills Coach
- Former Hockey Director, Puck Pros
- High tempo advanced skill development
- Sign up for a day or entire week
- Great opportunity to improve skills over the break.
Squirt/Pee Wee Travel:
Monday & Friday: 3:15-4:30
$35 per day
$90 for all three sessions
TRY GOALIE FOR FREE!
If you do not have goalie gear, please borrow your house league team's set.
Sat 11/29 1:10pm
Sun 11/30 1:20pm
NSIA Studio Rink
Pond on the Green is Open Weather Permitting
Pond Opening Week Schedule
Here is our schedule through the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend:
Monday, 11/24: 4:00-7:15 Pick-up Hockey
7:30-9:00 Old Boys & Girls Hockey
Tuesday, 11/25: 4:00-7:30 Pick-up Hockey
8:00-9:00 Old Boys & Girls Hockey
Wednesday, 11/26: 12:00-3:00 Pick-up Hockey
4:00-5:30 Public Skate
6:15-9:00 Pick-up Hockey
Thursday, 11/27: 8:00-12:00 Pick-up Hockey
Rink closed 12:00
Friday, 11/28: 9:00-2:00 Pick-up Hockey
2:30-5:30 Public Skate
5:45-8:00 Share the Ice
Saturday, 11/29: 9:00-12:00 Pick-up
Sunday, 11/30: 11:45-3:30 Pick-up Hockey
3:45-6:00 Public Skate
Rink closed 6:00pm
The Better You Skate, the More Fun You Will Have!
With the start of House League season every year we often hear the same things. One of the most frequent comments is that a child needs to improve their skating skills.
Here is the simple truth. In order to really be able to enjoy hockey, you need to skate. The better you skate, the more enjoyable the experience will be. This is likely the most true at our youngest levels of Minor Mite and Mites.
Our suggestion to you as parents is to give your child the tools in order to succeed in the activities they choose. The best tool you can give your hockey player is skating skills.
The House League program does include weekly practice time once Watts is opened. Most our coaches incorporate skating drills into their practices. However, skating requires instruction in technique, edge work, strides, all of which are used in the game of hockey.
So what are the options?
- Try a Hockey Skating Class: The Winnetka Ice Arena offers a full schedule of lessons for all skill levels. Once a week instruction will help reinforce and improve the skills taught in the class.
- Private Instruction: Many of the coaches are available for one on one instruction. Some children respond better with the close attention of privates.
- Practice, practice, practice: Come to public skating sessions, skate at our refrigerated outdoor rink when it opens in late November.
We hope you enjoy your upcoming House League season!