As a volunteer-driven organization, we rely on the dedicated efforts of parents and community members for our club to run effectively. It's rewarding experience and a wonderful way to be involved with your child's hockey development. WHC uses a "Dibs" system to tracks volunteer hours for each family. House League members are required to volunteer for two credit hours per season, and Travel members are required to volunteer for six credit hours (maximum 10 hours per family).
Each family is responsible for finding and selecting their volunteer opportunities through the DIBS system. See a list of opportunities below. See detailed descriptions on the signup page, which will be available by August 1. More opportunities will be added as the season goes on.
Towards the end of the season, any families who have not fulfilled their volunteer requirement will automatically be assessed a fee of $350 per player for Travel and $100 per player for House League.
Volunteer opportunities available:
- House League Coach
- Assistant Travel Coach
- Team Manager
- Team Treasurer
- Social Media Coordinator
- Team Photographer (House and Travel)
- Club communications (write news and feature articles)
- Creative (design, copywriting, website)
- Digital media (search, social)
- Tournament support
- Event Support (WarriorFest, 4th of July parade)
- Sponsorship & Fundraising (coordination, sponsor activity support)
- Uniform Coordinator
- Warrior Journal support (ad sales, photography)
- Warrior Night at the Blackhawks
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Betsy Harootyan