Rules & Ethics
Rules & Ethics Procedures
The Winnetka Hockey Club takes rules and ethics complaints seriously and manages them thoughtfully through our established Rules & Ethics Committee. If you have a rules or ethics issue you would like to be reviewed by this committee, please follow the process outlined below.
- Send an email to the Rules & Ethics Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any email sent to the Rules & Ethics Committee will then be reviewed by the committee members. **Note: Any rules and/or ethics issue or complaint that is verbally reported to any WHC Board member or Rules & Ethics Committee member must also be reported in writing to the designated email address so the issue may be addressed and responded to appropriately. **
- Once the formal complaint is received by the Rules & Ethics Committee, an initial review will be conducted with the needed individuals.
- Details and next steps will then be proposed by the Rules & Ethics Committee to the Winnetka Hockey Club President and, if appropriate, the Winnetka Hockey Director.
- The Rules & Ethics Committee will move the process forward through fact-finding as necessary (e.g., talking to coaches, parents, etc.), in consultation with the WHC President and, if appropriate, the Hockey Director.
- A summary of findings and a proposed recommendation from the Rules & Ethics Committee will be created and reviewed by the WHC President.
- Once the recommendation is agreed upon, the next steps will be implemented by the Rules & Ethics Committee.
The current members of the Winnetka Hockey Club Rules & Ethics Committee are WHC Board Members Betsy Harootyan, Jed Richard, and Joanne Wallace.